Vadim Plessky wrote:
> That's even more interesting :-))
> Does it mean Sun is going to promote own office suite?
> /read: go againt MS head-tohead? /
> What I know from press and their site, Sun's intention was to sell StarOffice
> as server-based office suite.
> And give away personal packages "as is", without significant modification
> after their purchase of StarOffice.
>
> Can you give some more details what was presented on this conference? may be,
> you have some slides from it? Or screenshots?

Your darn straight they've going to promote it. They want to sell the
servers that it'll run off. Sorry no sliders or screenshots. He couldn't
even tell me when that stuff was going to be included in OpenOffice.

Tyler Owen wrote:

> I was there at the confernece too.  All I saw was that Sun had a demo of
> Star Office and were promoting that they GPL'd Star Office under the
> OpenOffice.org site.
>
> If there was anything more than that I missed it.

You missed it :) Just to the right of the main StarOffice demow as the
Nautilus demo

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.com