Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

> Ron Stodden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > After installing 2 Mandrake 7.2 (custom, development) installations I
> > am amazed to discover that
> > nfs mounts do not work (RPC: timed out) between them or to Mandrake
> > 7.1 partitions.
> >
> > portmap, nfs, mountd daemons are running.  nfs_utils and nfs-utils-
> > clients are installed.
> >
> > This is quite serious.  What to do?
>
> This time you smoke too much Ron :-)).
>
> You probably have a problem somewhere, but most probably not on 7.2. We
> all run release candidate or something like that here and we DO mount much
> stuff through NFS..

Uneasy about it, but I'm pleased to report that a total 7.2 CD
reinstall from scratch and the necessary post-install replacements
for the inadequate install effort reflected in exports, fstab,
HOSTNAME, hosts, lilo.conf, rc.local, resolv.conf, hosts.lpd and
wine.conf (I have all this standardised as two scripts on an ext2
floppy, separated by a reboot) did not reproduce the problem.

--
Regards,

Ron. [AU]