I am seeing a bunch of emails here about KDE crashing machines and other such
problems. I find it very strange that I am not seeing actual bug reports on
the same topics in bugzilla or on the KDE bug list. It is very important that
you submit bug reports. If you select Help ---> Report Bug from any KDE
application you will be able to report these bugs auto-magically to the KDE
team, or use bugzilla (address is further down in this message).

Anyways, first a general reminder - DO NOT INSTALL KDE FROM COOKER
(Mandrake-devel) right now. It does not work. I will post a message as soon
as we get it to work properly.

We are right now in the middle of an update from gcc 2.95 to gcc 2.96 and
this is taking time to change code, debug, etc. At the same time we are
incorporating changes from the current KDE cvs (they are working on the 2.1
release). The changes are really very nice, but major. A lot of the reported
bugs have been fixed and I am working with the KDE developers to get these to
you as soon as possible, but it will be a few more days.

Those of you complaining about an unstable 7.2, please submit bug reports to
bugzilla at https://qa.mandrakesoft.com and let's see if we can track the
problems and get them fixed.

Please give a chance to get the problems corrected.

-Chris