from the quill of Chmouel Boudjnah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on scroll
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> new k2.40-0.5mdk (https://kenobi.mandrakesoft.com/~chmou/kernel24) :
>
> (chmou@no)[public_html/kernel24]-% ch kernel-2.4.0-0.5mdk.i586.rpm
> * Sun Nov 26 2000 Chmouel Boudjnah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 2.4.0-0.5mdk
>
> - Regenerates lm_sensors patches from cvs (112200).

~giggles~  You got the same results as I Chmouel.  Incomplete support.
The problem is that the patching steps in the i2c/lm_sensors docs does
not quite a complete job.  There is even a warning of that in the docs
for each where it asks you to pick a build method.

I don't think patching the kernel source prior to building is the way to
go.  It takes way too much work to maintain.  I think using the "build
independant from kernel tree" method described in each of i2c and
lm_sensors is needed.  That can be done in a specfile.

Specifically, you will notice that support for the i2c i2c-viapro.c file
is not in `upir 2.4.0-0.5 kernel RPM however it is part of lm_sensors2
package in kernel/busses.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell