I used drakfont to install the four courier-new fonts from my Windows
directory.
What I got was:
        altsys-CodexSSK-medium-r-normal
        Bitstream-CloisterBlack BT-medium-r-normal
        urw-CityDMed-medium-r-normal
        urw-CityDLig-medium-r-normal
[12:42 root@penguin:~]# ls /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/drakfont
c010012d.ttf  c010014d.ttf  codexssk.ttf  fonts.dir  tt0757m_.ttf

If I select a font from the listbox to install or remove, the action is
performed on a different font.

If I install all, a font called (null) is installed and I get the following
message:
Gdk-WARNING **: Creating pixmap with NULL window and colormap.
        Peter Ruskin,  Wrexham, UK  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    Preferred desktop environment KDE 1.1.2
                 Linux 2.2.17-27mdk, Uptime 0 hours 33 minutes