Hi,

I've just upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2, having tried out a few of the betas
before. It looks like some bugs have crept in during the conversion from
cooker to full release, so I thought I'd report them here.

Firstly, Netscape doesn't start for normal users if Mandrake 7.1 nsmail
and .netscape directories exist. Root is fine. I checked all
permissions, including the path to /usr/share/doc/HTML/index.html, and
nothing was wrong there. I tried deleting my old .netscape and nsmail
directories and this this time the window opened but it froze trying to
load the splash page.

Secondly, the installation process froze when my USB model (Elsa
Microlink 56k USB) was plugged in. This is a modem that has been
supported by the USB project for some time. I managed to get around it
by hitting CTRL-Z at the appropriate time. However, once installed I
still have to insert modules manually to get them to work as the USB
script doesn't even manage to initialise my USB system. This was also a
problem for Mandrake 7.1 and Cooker which I have reported a couple of
times.

Thirdly, and purely as an aesthetic judgement, the fonts under KDE2 are
ugly. Why use "Fixed"? Helvetica and Courier are both available. I tried
changing the fonts manually in KDE and only some of them change. I've
seen KDE2 looking fine under other distributions, so this is must be a
packaging issue.

There are others, but this is all I can remember off the top of my head.
I'm using Windows (ugh!) due to the aforementioned modem issues.

Cheers,

-Karl