Thanks,... Mandakesoft.com informed me that I needed to re-install Apache
to enable it to connect to port 80.  I've done so and now it works.  I
might say I'm very gratful to Jean-Michel for helping me with the
solution.

Now my copy of Mandrake 7.2 is better than Red Hat 7.0.  I can do some
real work with this OS.

--Charles