I'm trying to print some kword documents with embedded photographs.  When
printing in kword, the print request menu does not show any printers,
although the file does print.

The bad news is the documents prints like it's got 8-but color on an Epson
Stylus Photo 870.  The photographs look like crap.

I tried to print to file and then telling qtcups to print at 720dpi, and the
printout is a wee bit better (since kword defaults through cups at 360dpi)
but still not with enough color depth.

Can anything be done about this in the short term?  Is it something I'm doing
wrong?  If I can't get this resolved in the next day or so, I'll be forced to
use MS Word to do my Christmas letters, and that ain't right :-(

Thanks,
        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA