Do the following:

RTFM on http://www.mandrakeuser.org/hardware/#4th

Make sure that your /etc/cups/cupsd.conf has the line

   Printcap /etc/printcap

without an hash mark ("#") in the beginning and restart the daemon with

   service cups restart

Now you must have a printer list in the printing dialog of kword.
Unfortunately, one cannot set the printer's options from within kword
because its printing dialog is made for LPD. To set the options, start
"qtcups" or "xpp", change the options as you want to have them and SAVE
them. Then they are used by any program, also by kword, and so you can
print your kword documents in up to "1440x720 dpi, Highest Quality"
(Slow!) and "Adaptive Hybrid", as "Image Type" you should choose what is
best for you (I assume that you have a chosen a "GIMP-Print" driver when
you have set up the printer).

   Till