[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Maybe you can try to download the kernel-2.2.17-29mdk.src.rpm (it should be at
>version 29mdk by now) from a cooker mirror and do and rpm -i.
>
> Then, go to your RPM/SPECS/ directory and edit the kernel-2.2.spec file (remember to
>make a copy of the .spec file first, so you can make a .diff file later --> share
>your findings with us). Put your new sources in the RPM/SOURCES direcotry and see if
>it works --> rpm -ba kernel-2.2.spec

Hello

I am quite new to building rpm's, but am real intrested in learning so I
can build my own rpms or help in instances like this.  The above info is
a little over my head.  Could you point me to some reading that would
help me learn how to do the above in a little more detail?  Also what
findings would you like me to report?  Findings on DRBD-dev or the
kernel??

Thanks for the responce,  the SPEC file  is what I was looking for,
Thanks Much!!

Joseph