On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, Peter Ruskin wrote:

> Cooker Expert Upgrade Development (almost full) - using hd.img.
> VERSION: Linux-Mandrake Cooker-i586 20001209  4:01
>
> This was the best upgrade yet, as far as the installer is concerned, the only
> blemish being that scary dialog that says "Please wait.  Formatting...".  The
> menu item on the left pane says "Miscellaneous" at this stage.  Please
> reflect in the dialog what is happening, otherwise I'll never believe you
> when you tell me you are formatting.

That exists in 7.2 as well.  (You get that dialog if you are formatting or
not formatting.)  Scared the crap out of me when I first got the message.
I had about 20 gigs of unbacked up files on the primary drive.

I would also like to see added code where the upgrade would check for an
existing set of RPM databases and do a "rpm --rebuilddb" before starting
to add files.  This will help clean up accumulated cruft in the databases.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."