I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but thought I'd throw
the idea out there just in case:

Would it be possible to modify the Live Update feature to allow one to skip
some steps?

In other words, Live Update could be a very helpful feature if all someone
wanted to do was switch from XFree86 3.3.6 to 4.0.1.  Or, if someone simply
wanted to change mouse drivers, etc.

I know these things are simple enough as it is, but I don't think a newbie
would know how to do it right away, and to be able to just call up Live
Update and go directly to the X installation and select the desired X version
couldn't be simpler.

RSwaim