> On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 11:57:38AM -0600, Raymond S. Swaim wrote:
> > In other words, Live Update could be a very helpful feature if all
> > someone wanted to do was switch from XFree86 3.3.6 to 4.0.1.  Or, if
> > someone simply wanted to change mouse drivers, etc.
>
> Umm on XFree86 run DrakConf and choose Graphics Configuration (upper left
> corner).  It'll prompt you if you want 3.3.6 or 4.0.1 and if you decide to
> switch will even prompt for the CD to install the other one.

Actually, DrakConf doesn't give me that option.  It asks me for the
resolution I want, but never presents me with an option to switch to 3.3.6 or
4.0.1.

In any case, I picked the XFree86 as my example mainly because it's at the
very end of the steps in Live Update.  If one wanted to use it to switch from
3.3.6 to 4.0.1 or visa versa, they would first have to go through *all* of
the prior steps, including package selection.  It would be nice to be able to
skip directly to a desired step.

RSwaim