On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Jamie Dainton wrote:

>   I've been trying to get my Voodoo 4500 to work in accelerated mode
> with Xfree86 4.01 Accelerated. I've tried modprobe agpgart and
> modprobe tdfx but tux racer it still tooooo slow. Does anyone have any
> hints. The same thing happened with my banshee. I just want it to work
> so I can play Q3.

Do you have the 3dFX device installed?  What does XFree86 say when it
loads?  Sounds like something is not connecting properly for the X server
acceleration.

Also, what color depth are you using?  Try 16 bit and see if that makes a
difference. I seem to remember that not all of the modes are accelerated
with the 3dFX cards.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."