I use the the XFree 3.3.6 because my system is a Thinkpad
and I don't got the XFree 4.0 working like expected.
Anyway, until now all works well,
so I think somethink must be changed or there is a new bug.

rpm -qa |grep XFree

XFree86-100dpi-fonts-4.0.2-1mdk
XFree86-SVGA-3.3.6-19mdk
XFree86-ISO8859-2-75dpi-fonts-1.0-14mdk
XFree86-server-4.0.2-1mdk
XFree86-4.0.2-1mdk
XFree86-75dpi-fonts-4.0.2-1mdk
XFree86-libs-4.0.2-1mdk
XFree86-server-common-3.3.6-19mdk
XFree86-xfs-4.0.2-1mdk
XFree86-glide-module-4.0.2-1mdk

By the way this prob is not only when starting KDE,
it happens on all window-managers.