Udo Weber wrote:

> Leon Brooks wrote:
>
> > Udo Weber wrote:
> >
> > > Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
> > > Could not dlopen library kdesktop.la: undefined symbol:
> > > alphaBlending__C11KIconLoader
> >
> > The version of KDE which you are trying to run is demanding XFree86
> > 4.0.2, which provides the RENDER extension. As is recall, the ThinkPads
> > like using the NeoMagic video chipset, which is supported by XFree86 v4
> > (driver manpage: http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.2/neomagic.4.html). Try your
> > luck: install 4.0.2 and if the video driver is unhappy, try disabling
> > various hardware accelerations to make it go.
>
> Hi,
> ok, is this the big move to disable XF86 3.3.6 ?
> If not then all apps should work also with the old version of X.
> My Thinkpad is a
> TP 770X which has no "NeoMagic", it has "Trident Microsystems Cyber
> 9397DVD"
>
> In the past I tryed several times to get XFree86 working but always
> without acceptable success. This means some times I got it to run but
> only with very bad quality and very unstable. This is the current state!
>
> Is there anyone out there who can give me a real working XF86Config
> to get XFree86 4.0.2 working or at least a link to a nice web-page ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Udo

Hi,
Once again:
Is this the point that XF86 3.3.6 will be go away because most
X-Stuff (like KDE) don't works proper anymore ?
If no, please give me a hint how to get the KDE works like expected.
I still have no proper working XFConfig for XFree 4.0.* for the TP 770X
( I also discussed this problem on the TP mailing list but without result
until now).

Thx, Udo