On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, josh mann wrote:

> i just subscribed to the list, so i apologise if this message is redundant,
> but where does mandrake linux stand on the 2.4 kernel?  will it be in the
> next release?  aproximately when will the the next release be?  what other
> 'features' should be in that release?  thanks.

I would wait until at least 2.4.1 before adding it into the standard
release.  Judging from the mail I am seeing on the kernel developer list,
there are a couple of minor problems that need to be cleaned up first.
(They are minor, but a pain in the neck.)

I expect there will be a cleaned up version in a week or two. (After Linus
recovers.)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."