Yo!

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 11:37:05PM -0800, Alan Olsen wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, josh mann wrote:
>
> > i just subscribed to the list, so i apologise if this message is redundant,
> > but where does mandrake linux stand on the 2.4 kernel?  will it be in the
> > next release?  aproximately when will the the next release be?  what other
> > 'features' should be in that release?  thanks.
>
> I would wait until at least 2.4.1 before adding it into the standard
> release.  Judging from the mail I am seeing on the kernel developer list,
> there are a couple of minor problems that need to be cleaned up first.
> (They are minor, but a pain in the neck.)
>
> I expect there will be a cleaned up version in a week or two. (After Linus
> recovers.)

We have already switched to 2.4.0 in cooker and 2.4.0 is available (! default)
in the 7.2 distribution. Of course for 2.4.0 in 7.2, it was one of those test
kernels..

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
> Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
>     "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."

-
Geoffrey Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
§õªø­·

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~snailtalk
ftp://devel.mandrakesoft.com/pub/people/snailtalk

$/usr/games/fortune
Anything that can go wrong will go
Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
$