> The a argunent to rsync means 'archive', and that means a literal
> copy of the user and group numbers for each file from the site you
> are archiving.  The permissions are also literally copied.   Could
> that be why you are not seeing files?

1, I've tried creating images with and without chown -R root.root ./cooker,
   but it doesn't really matter.....
2, Packages containing a '+' are non-existent in the isos.
3, rsync can only archive what really is on the remote site
4, cooker/images/all.img is _not_ there
5, group ids and user ids get adjusted with rsync -av:
you _can_ see the files being root - it's just they will have numeric gids
and uids if you don't have those groups on your system.
6, try to find ftp://sunsite.uio.no/pub/unix/linux/Mandrake-devel/cooker/images/all.img
Is it really there?
7, Dear Ron, have you tried iso creation in the last few days from sunsite?
Do you have a proper method for creating cooker isos that work at least 90%
of the time?
Does anyone have one?

Moral:
Is there one?