On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 03:45:04AM +1100, Antony Suter wrote:

> Building these packages requires using a tar with the deprecated/invalid
> option 'I':-
>
> bind-9.1.0-0.rc1.1mdk.src.rpm
> xmorph-2000.03.03-7mdk.src.rpm
>
> I am confused about the status of this tar option actually, given the
> recent tar updates.

You are and so am I, the tar people wanted to drop I and then follow the
Solaris way of doing it, but then they released that by removing I a lot
of people were confused / pissed because t heir bzip2 filter no longer
worked. Anyway, if you have the latest tar in cooker all problems should be fixed.

In general: you should _always_ use -j for bzip2 decompression through tar, I will
be removed. [1]

[1] not sure when but could be very soon..

--
Geoffrey Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
§õªø­·

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~snailtalk
ftp://devel.mandrakesoft.com/pub/people/snailtalk

$/usr/games/fortune
Anything that can go wrong will go
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
$