Dacobi,

I, too, have this problem.  For me it shows when I try to run
Mandrakeupdate.  I've been told to "rebuild from source", but have been
unsuccessful so far.  When I try to rebuild rpm-4.0.x or MandrakeUpdate, I
run into either compilation errors or linking errors.  At this moment in
time, I've pretty much given up on correcting the problems myself and hope
that Mandrake will release updated rpms that will solve the problem.

If you succeed in curing the problem, please post your solution :-)

Good luck.

David

At 10:29 PM 1/20/01, you wrote:
>I'm trying to get rpmdrake to work, but keep geting this error:
>
>rpmdrake: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/librpm.so.0:
>undefined symbol: fdio
>I have the following rpm's installed:
>
>rpm-4.0-15mdk.i586.rpm
>rpm-build-4.0-15mdk.i586.rpm
>rpm-devel-4.0-15mdk.i586.rpm
>rpm-python-4.0-15mdk.i586.rpm
>rpm-rebuilder-0.3-1mdk.noarch.rpm
>rpmdrake-1.1-15mdk.i586.rpm
>rpmlint-0.29-1mdk.noarch.rpm
>rpmtools-2.1-8mdk.i586.rpm
>
>Is anyone else seeing this? any ideas what went wrong?
>
>   -Jacob Kolding
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

David Relson                   Osage Software Systems, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       Ann Arbor, MI 48103
www.osagesoftware.com          tel:  734.821.8800