Quel Qun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to rescue a machine with reiserfs partitions (the last kernel
> install did not create the initrd.img).
>
> The kernels installed by cd.img or network.img do not support reiserfs, so I
> am wondering how I should proceed. I believe there used to be an all.img
> supporting reiserfs, but it is gone. The only image able to load the reiserfs
> module is hdreiserfs.img, but I don't have cooker on the machine I am trying
> to rescue.

You have to distinguish support of reiserfs in stage1 (the time where you
don't have drakx yet) to support of reiserfs in whole install.

You're right that only hdreiser.img supports reiserfs in stage1, that is,
you can install FROM a reiserfs partition CONTAINING drakx (the install
program).

If you want to rescue a system with reiserfs partitions, what you need is
a medium containing the installation program, and a mean to access it. If
it's on the network, use network.img. If it's on local harddrive on
reiserfs partition, use hdreiser.img.

Once this boots up, hit "F1" then "rescue".

Once you're on the rescue prompt, type "modprobe reiserfs", mount your
partitions and rescue them.

That's all.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/