Hi all,

        AFAIK upgrading rpm 3 to 4 isn't that hard.... basically I used
rpm2targz (from Slackware) to turn db3 and rpm4 to tar.gz packages, and
unpack them manually (note: check carefully if it overwrites any important
libraries that you don't want to change). After a rpm --rebuilddb and you
can start doing anything you want. But this method is ugly, I know :D

regards,
Abel Cheung