Guillaume Rousse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello folks.
> I've played a bit with KDE, just for trying, and removed it thereafter. Now
> i got this error everytime i try to use xmms :
> [guillaume@agathe guillaume]$ xmms
> libartsc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: Aucun fichier ou répertoire
> de ce type

Yeah, xmms-smpeg plugins depends on it, via smpeg, via SDL.

> Erreur de segmentation

a.k.a segfault for non-french.

[...]

> libartsc is part of kdelibs-sound, which i have removed. Strange, no ?
> Any idea of what is the problem ?

The crash doesn't occur on my machine (which is a 100% synchro cooker)
with mp3, ogg, nor mpeg inputs.

Can you try to resync and retry?

Also, try to isolate if that happens with any type of particular input
files (mp3, ogg, mpeg, etc).

There was big problems with mpeg videos which made smpeg segfault (still
are but no more segfaults).

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/