On 2001.02.16 01:49:25 +0400 Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> > i got this error everytime i try to use xmms :
> > [guillaume@agathe guillaume]$ xmms
> > libartsc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: Aucun fichier ou
> répertoire
> > de ce type
>
> Yeah, xmms-smpeg plugins depends on it, via smpeg, via SDL.
Most curious is i haven't xmms-smpeg plugin :
[guillaume@agathe guillaume]$ rpm -qa | grep -i xmms
libxmms1-1.2.4-4mdk
xmms-cdread-0.9a-1mdk
xmms-1.2.4-4mdk
xmms-esd-1.2.4-4mdk
xmms-more-vis-plugins-1.2.0-4mdk
But i have my own-self-made-rebuild SDL and SMPEG packages. If the first is
needed for anything else in xmms, i guess this must be the cause.

> > Erreur de segmentation
>
> a.k.a segfault for non-french.
>

> [...]
>
> > libartsc is part of kdelibs-sound, which i have removed. Strange, no ?
> > Any idea of what is the problem ?
>
> The crash doesn't occur on my machine (which is a 100% synchro cooker)
> with mp3, ogg, nor mpeg inputs.
>
> Can you try to resync and retry?
>
> Also, try to isolate if that happens with any type of particular input
> files (mp3, ogg, mpeg, etc).
>
> There was big problems with mpeg videos which made smpeg segfault (still
> are but no more segfaults).
The problems just occured at startup with missing library. I just installed
libarts2 rpm, all is OK.

--
All great discoveries are made by mistake
                -- Murphy's Laws on Technology n°6