Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:

> Ruairi Hickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

>> Doing an install with Sunday's cooker and setting the / partition to be
>> reiserfs after boot I get a no root device on 80:5 (0805 ?)..  Does the
>> 2.4.1-16 kernel support reiserfs root partitions ?  (
>

> yes it does, i have just installed in cooker with full reiserfs
> without any problem..

I saw the same problem as Ruairi this weekend, up to date as of st least
Saturday night.  So there are three possible explanations I see for it
working for you...

-Either it was fixed over the weekend and the installer fix hadn't
percolated out to us,
-You didn't install the standard 2.4.x kernel, you installed the 2.2.x
kernel or perhaps even the 2.4.1-linus version of the kernel (though I
doubt that).
-There is some bug that we tripped over and you didn't.  I believe I did a
very vanilla install that time, because I was already suspicious that
reiserfs wouldn't boot with 2.4.1, having tried copying my root fs to a
reiserfs fs and booting late 2.3.x kernels, and failed at it for reasons
I've yet to understand.

James Mitchell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
People seek to feel better immediately and, to accomplish that, they yield
to temptations even when doing so may be contrary to their long-term best