On Monday 05 March 2001 00:59, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
> > So sprach Armisis Aieoln am Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 09:49:45PM -0500:

> > BTW: How do I ENABLE Aurora?  I've installed the Aurora RPM, what should
> > I do next?
>
> Enable framebuffer - add vga=xxx to boot section in lilo (do not ask about
> grub). Look in frambuffer howto how modes are computed.

It's done the same way in grub.  Edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and add something
like vga=791 (1024x768x16bit) to the end of the line.  Here's a cut from my
menu.lst

title linux
kernel (hd0,4)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda5  hdd=ide-scsi vga=791

Then run the script /boot/grub/install.sh

> Actually, I like framebuffer independently of Aurora - I cannot imagine how
> could I live with these 80x24 ugly super-large characters on 17" monitor
> before :-)

So how do you change the number of lines you can scroll back and review with
shift/pageup?

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]