Hello,

I have a PIII 500Mhz 128Meg ram system with a VooDoo3 card and
Ultra66 controller with a 26Gig drive.

I was able to:

1. Boot the install CDROM.
2. Press F1 and enter at prompt "linux ide0=noautotune
ide1=noautotune ide2noautotune ide3=noautotune"
3. then do a complete install of the 8.0 Beta 1 CD's

When the system had finished and rebooted, it froze up in
various ways that I tried.

1. I tried to enter the same "linux ide0=noautotune
ide1=noautotune ide2noautotune ide3=noautotune"
and the system seemed to boot the kernel then go into a panic
because it could not locate the root fs.

2. I tried an old string from Mandrake 7.1 APPEND
command "hdd=ide-scsi ide2=0x1068,0x101c ide3=0x1060,1018"
and the system found the drive properly on hde, but froze up
when it came to "Partition Check: hde: "

I also tried to specifically send it "root=/dev/hde7" but it
came back and said that it could not find the root FS.

Could someone please tell me a fix for this as it seems to
almost be ready to boot.

Just one more thing, the old Mandrake 7.1 with the 2.2.15 kernel
installed with no problems and I did not have to make any chages
at all.

Cheers,
Lonnie Cumberland