Hello,

I have the following problem. I created some reiserfs partitions on my
old Mandrake 7.2 system using the 2.4.1 kernel and the corresponding
reiserfs tools (version 3.6.25). Now I would like to upgrade the system
to Mandrake 8.0 beta1. But the cdrom / floppy disk images to boot
(still) use a 2.2.18 kernel (with reiserfs 3.5.xx, 29<=x<=31). With this
kernel it is not possible to access a reiserfs partition of version
3.6.xx.

I thought it might be possible to work around this problem by creating a
cdrom / floppy with a 2.4.2 kernel. At first glance the only things
which have to be changed are the kernel on the boot image (e.g. in
image/cdrom.img on the cdrom) and the modules in
Mandrake/mdkinst/lib/modules.cz.(I do not have any special devices like
SCSI controllers, USB or PCMCIA cards).

Where can I find the configuration of the old kernel 2.2.18
(/usr/src/linux/.config)?

Would this approach make sense?

Thank you for your help

Joachim