Latest cooker (17/3/01)

Graphics cards that don't support the RENDER extension like the
SiS6326 AGP dont support AA fonts. The problem is that even if AA
fornts are disabled then font sizes below 10 points are illegible now
(weren't previously)

I tried an ET6000 card and discovered something fascinating - if I
boot up in frame buffer mode and allow Aurora to start then X will
refuse to start - it crashes repeatedly. In non frame buffer boot up
it
works fine.

When I tried to use the traditional-GTK-X Aurora monitor I got the
message `unable to create /tmp/.tX1lock file' and it paused for thirty
seconds. Then later in the boot Aurora would start anyway but layers
of graphics were missing and it was unviewable.

Anyone else have this frame-buffer/X conflict problem? Any
suggestions on fixing the X Aurora startup?