--- Vincent Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Am I missing something ?  I've YET to be able to get rpmdrake
> to work,

Mandrake Update worked better than rpmdrake. Not perfect but
better.:)
This make no sense to throw away better for worse to try to make
worse better. Make more sense to make better even better by
adding more functions or keep it working as same.

> Check  the ones you want to install, click the  "install
> marked" button, and
> off it goes.
>
> Vinny

yes, now try same with http://ftp....
it can not do it.
some people need http access.

> On Monday 19 March 2001 23:55, you wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 06:33:19PM +0100, Frederic Lepied
> wrote:

> updates of RPM
> > >
> > > rpmdrake
> >
> > Bwa ha ha ha!  Who's got a Cray to run that thing?  Even on
> my 800MHz
> > Athlon it takes literally minutes to get it going.  On my
> PIII 600MHz
> > I gave up before it got up and running.  I am sure we all
> here don't
> > have close to GHz machines.  I feel sorry for the poor
> bastard who is
> > still running a 2 or 3 hundred MHz PII.
> >
> > b.

Many people still use P166 with 64MB RAM max!!
(many, many HP systems sold like that on desktops everywhere)
They not run KDE2 or Rdrak.
Apt could work for everybody.