On Wednesday 28 March 2001 12:36, you wrote:

> > 1.
> > When giving data for "non-anonymous" ftp login, passwd IS shown!
>
> Yes. I thought it was not worth the effort to make special case code just
> for hiding the password. You'll be doing the install only one time; and
> anyway the password will be here as an environment variable during all
> installation :-).

OK, that's fine. Good explanation  ;o)

> > Tried to install / on raid1, still KERNEL PANIC:
>
> Yes, raid-on-/ with 2.4 is currently not supported. You can use 2.2 for
> that if you really need it. I don't know yet if we'll have raid-on-/ with
> 2.4 with LM-8.0.

That's TERRIBLE  :°°°(
2.4 should have a great improvement for raid support, it perfectly boots from
raid, so... I do not understand that choice. Anyway, if I am the only one
who's using raid among Mandrakians... I'll be patient and build my raid by
hand SIGHHHH  :(((

        Claudio
--
Nothing's as simple as it seems...