Claudio (sekko) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> > Yes, raid-on-/ with 2.4 is currently not supported. You can use 2.2 for
> > that if you really need it. I don't know yet if we'll have raid-on-/ with
> > 2.4 with LM-8.0.
>
> That's TERRIBLE  :°°°(
> 2.4 should have a great improvement for raid support, it perfectly boots from
> raid, so... I do not understand that choice. Anyway, if I am the only one
> who's using raid among Mandrakians... I'll be patient and build my raid by
> hand SIGHHHH  :(((

It's not raid, it's raid-on-/.

It's not a "choice". Actually to mount the /, the kernel has to have a
valid device. "Building" a Raid device involves assigning one or more RAID
hd partitions to it.

With 2.2, we have a patch that enables kernel autodetection of RAID hd
partitions and assignments. It's not in 2.4.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/