Hi

        I'm using the Pronto mail program (www.muhri.net/pronto) which is done
in Perl and uses gtk-perl to do the widgetry and gtkhtml as an optional
mail-reading interface for HTML display.

        The problem is that whenever I start pronto with the perl-GTK-GtkHTML
from mandrake I get the following error:

---
gtkhtml-ERROR **: gconf is not initialized, please call gconf_init before using
GtkHTML library

aborting...
---

        This is a cooker system, updated completely about 10 mirutes ago
(28/march/21:30pm, Mexico time)

        I talked this up with the pronto developers and they told me that it
was an error in how perl-GTK-GtkHTML is compiled in Mandrake (RH doesn't have
this problem, neither does debian, as far as we have gathered from other Pronto
users).

        I even discussed this with a Mandrake packager/developer a few weeks
back (unfortunately don't have the emails anymore :( and I think that he agreed
that it seemed to be an error on perl-GTK-GtkHTML's packaging (and I say "I
think" is because notoriously his native language wasn't english, so I may have
been confused :)

        Anyway..I'd love to see this bug fixed.

        Vox

--
Pain is the gift of the gods, and I'm the one they chose as their messenger....
For info on safety in the BDSM lifestyle http://www.the-vox.com

Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_
technology than everyone else.        -- Donald B. Marti Jr.

Vox populi, vox deii....