Hello guys,

I´m new to posting on this list, but I´ve been following it for a while now.
My name is Roland and I have some basic knowledge on linux. I really
do like the Mandrake distribution and would like to conribute as much
as I can.

I´ve had about same problem with reiserfs partitions, which startet to occur
after a kernel update to 20mdk. with 15mdk everything was alright.
the problems with my mashine did not only concern upgrading an libs,
but especially large files froze my mashine. a 700 mb file even froze it to
death.

a warning:
nobody try the reiserfsck --rebuild-tree on this. (well I tried ;-)
the current version is definitely not safe and shredders your partition (was it built
with gcc 296 ??). it did just stop at some point without error message.

maybe those suse patches that were included in kernel ??

regards

Roland