Running
Linux-Mandrake Cooker-i586 20010402  1:33

rpmdrake 1.3-28
urpmi 1.5-26

Looking real good now! Great job folks.

Problem with urpmi - if I do an update on a directory with a bad RPM (say one
with zero bytes because it was never downloaded) urpmi gives up and then
corrupts that database, and doesn't read the rest of the directory. rpmdrake
will then segfault during startup. Removing that database entry saves the
other entries.

urpmi does not cope too well with multiple versions of the same package in
the database.

urpmi still gets the file location wrong if I install from a subdirectory
from a harddisk based install

In rpmdrake - if it tries to install an RPM and a conflict arises, if you
cancel the prompt to not install the RPM then the wizard thinks you have
successfully installed the package (even though you haven't).

in rpmdrake - once you update/install a package, it remains selected unless
you deselect it.

rpmdrake cannot seem to distinguish between a source package and a binary one
- both entries are listed identically if they are the same application!

In the old rpmdrake I had the ability to do a search on file listings and
package descriptions as well as the package names - this is a sorely missed
feature.

To be able to use rpmdrake or urpmi as the sole package management utility
there needs to be a way to install one package that is not listed in the
database - ie if I download j2sdk.rpm I should be able to urpmi j2sdk.rpm
without having to add it to the database. I know it's too late for this given
the freeze but I'm just saying it would be nice.

Keep up the good work!
Con.