Hi Gentlefolks!

Just a quick question from an old Lurker :-)

I was wondering what level of support we can expect for the
Matrox G450 Dualhead in Mandrake 8.0.
More specifically will the 2nd head be able to be activated as a TV-Out
both in clone mode and as an extension of the primary screen, and will
it be possible to play DivX/Mpeg4 movies on the 2ndery display to a TV.

Also are there packages included in this distribution that support
DivX/Mpeg4 formats?

The reason for my interest is that my computer is a PIII-800 @ 900mhz
with 128mb Ram, Asus CUV4X motherboard, SB Live Value, 30GB Hdd,
Asus 12 speed DVD Rom,and the Matrox Dualhead 32mb connected to
a good 17" monitor and a 33" TV and I would like to set it up to dualboot
both win98SE and Linux Mandrake.
Apart from the fact that I like and use Linux myself I would like to show
others how functional, stable and even beautiful Linux can be.

Cheers:

Me.

Michael Perry.
R&D. Dep. Netafim Magal.
<<<<Linux -- the Ultimate Windows Service Pack>>>>
The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a
manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.