Can you do it?  Yes.

Will it be supported in Cooker? Not likely.

Dual head requires the HAL libraries.  (Which are not GPLed and have no
source.)

There is code to do what you want, but it is not authorized by Matrox.
(If you had source, you could ignore Macrovision copy control. (Not that
you need source to do that. It can be done by changing a single bit in the
libraries from what I have heard.)

Search for "Matrox" on sourceforge. You will find most of what you are
looking for there.

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Mike Perry wrote:

> Hi Gentlefolks!
>
> Just a quick question from an old Lurker :-)
>
> I was wondering what level of support we can expect for the
> Matrox G450 Dualhead in Mandrake 8.0.
> More specifically will the 2nd head be able to be activated as a TV-Out
> both in clone mode and as an extension of the primary screen, and will
> it be possible to play DivX/Mpeg4 movies on the 2ndery display to a TV.
>
> Also are there packages included in this distribution that support
> DivX/Mpeg4 formats?
>
> The reason for my interest is that my computer is a PIII-800 @ 900mhz
> with 128mb Ram, Asus CUV4X motherboard, SB Live Value, 30GB Hdd,
> Asus 12 speed DVD Rom,and the Matrox Dualhead 32mb connected to
> a good 17" monitor and a 33" TV and I would like to set it up to dualboot
> both win98SE and Linux Mandrake.
> Apart from the fact that I like and use Linux myself I would like to show
> others how functional, stable and even beautiful Linux can be.
>
> Cheers:
>
> Me.
>
> Michael Perry.
> R&D. Dep. Netafim Magal.
> <<<<Linux -- the Ultimate Windows Service Pack>>>>
> The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a
> manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."