On Friday 06 April 2001 21:14, Jason Straight wrote:

> make: Entering directory `/tmp/vmware-config3/vmnet-only'
> make: Leaving directory `/tmp/vmware-config3/vmnet-only'
> Unable to make a vmnet module that can be loaded in the running kernel:
> insmod: a module named vmnet already exists
> There is probably a light difference of kernel configuration between the
> set of
> C header files you specified and your running kernel. You may want to
> rebuild a
> kernel based on that directory, or specify another directory.

rpm -e kernel-source
rpm -e VMware
rpm -i kernel-source*
rpm -i VMware*
apply patch that somebody else posted:
        cd to the directory that contains vmnet.tar
        tar xvf vmnet.tar
        cd vmnet-only
        apply patch
        cd ..
        mv vmnet.tar vmnet.tar.orig
        tar cf vmnet.tar vmnet-only/*
vmware-config.pl

I'm doing this from memory, but should get you going again.  This has worked
for me and for others (thanks again, Pete!).  I don't know if it's overkill
somewhere along the line, but it does work.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]