On Sat, 7 Apr 2001, Claudio wrote:

> 3.
> Cups is still with "Enable browsing" setted up by default. I've already
> declared the GREAT CONFUSION this choice brings if there's a real cups server
> over the networks, so please could someone turn it off by default?!?  :)

Agree with this. Let's consider 2 situations:

1) For many machines within a LAN, the admin knows where the print
server/printers are, and will know where should browsing be turned on, and
where it shouldn't. Enabling all machines to turn on browsing produces
laughable result.

2) For personal LAN/standalone machine, the person knows where the
printer/print server is. Why assume the person don't know where the
printer is?

And is there any situation where browsing is really needed?

Abel Cheung