Millions of electrons died to bring me this message.  Was it worth it,
 Nguyen Hung.Takeshi?
> hi all!
> I ve chosen full installation for Traktopel3 (install all packages), it took
> about 3.5 hours ;) while when I tried to isntall Redhat FisherBeta, it took
> only about 50 mins ;).
>  why?

Does the installer tune the hard disks (hdparm)?

Boot up into the installer, then switch to the second console.  Mount a linux
partition that has hdparm if it isn't on the cd, then test your disk(s).  If
they say something like 3.5 mb/s, they're not tuned.

By doing that trick, I could cut installation time for 7.2 from over an hour
to twenty minutes.  I haven't checked cooker recently, though. (exam crunch :(

--
Graham Percival