"Jorge E . Gomez" wrote:

> After a fresh install of cooker (4 days old version), the keyboard layout
> was properly configured (it's a latin-american keyboard), except that the
> Alt Gr key (the right-side Alt) doesn't work (at least under gnome; it does
> work on tty1-6). I can't type the @ symbol (AltGr-Q), for instance. And
> when I tried to assign a shortcut to that combination, using the sawfish
> control panel, it detects AltGr-Q the same as Alt-Q.
>
> Is this an Xfree problem? (using 4.0.3-7mdk), or is it gnome?
> (gnome-core-1.4.0.2-2mdk), or sawfish (0.38-3mdk)?
>
> Hope it's fixed before the final release. I've been using mandrake since
> 6.0, and it's never looked as sharp and polished as today. Congratulations.
>
> --
> Jorge E. Gomez
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

same to me but also in KDE
I already asked for this problem some time ago without any response, so it's
nice to see some others has the same problem :).

Now here once again.
This problem exists only on new installed cookers.
I have a old cooker withe same update-level without this problems.
I walked through most known keyboard-configs -> all the same on both systems.
The only related error-msg on zje new system I got is from the
.xsession-errors:
**************
xmodmap:  commandline:0:  bad keysym in remove modifier list 'Meta_L', no
corresponding
xmodmap:  1 error encountered, aborting.
Error while reading Indicator status
kxkb: ERROR: X server has not matching XKB extension
XKB extension not present on :0.0
XKB extension not present on :0.0

So please can anyone from Mandrake-team tell me what's wrong here ?

Thanks inadvance
Udo