On 2001.04.18 16:06:08 -0500 andre wrote:

> On a rxvt i see the upside-down ?) is typed but the font is just not >
showed.

I don't think mine is a font-related problem. When I press AltGr-Q, I hear
a beep. Nothing gets printed (not a space, and certainly not an @ sign,
which is what should happen.) Same thing when I press AltGr-' (backslash
should print), AltGr-{ (^), AltGr-} (`), or AltGr-| (¬).

I think is the keyboard, plain and simple. It doesn't believe a have two
different Alt Keys, and responds the same to Alt-Q than AltGr-Q. This
occurs on every single application, it doesn't matter what font it's using.

By the way, I checked my .xsession-errors, like Udo Weber suggested, and I
got similar messages:
xmodmap: commandline:0: bad keysym in remove modifier list 'Meta_L',
_ no corresponding keycodes
xmodmap: 1 error encountered, aborting.