Hi guys! Congratulations!

Looking forward to downloading 8.0, but the Slashdotting of your mirrors
got me to thinking : Do you have a way of using Debian's
pseudo-image-kit package?

It uses rsync, and while I can see off 7.2's menus that you enable
Draksync, I've found Debian's tool to be of great use -- I was able to
generate local images of Debian 2.2r2 and the unofficial OpenBSD 2.7
with some tweaking. Yes, I know it's tricky to configure. But once you
get it to work, it really *works* beautifully.

As far as I can tell a modified 'ls -lR' will provide the basics for a
'xx.list' generation which can then be plugged into the
pseudo-image-kit, but at several megs of text the task becomes a pain. I
don't know shell scripting too well, but if someone could help me I'd be
more than happy to explore this as an option with a patient
developer -- as a standalone rpm, or integrated with the usual
notifications for downloading.

Kind regards
Massimo Savino

[cc'd to MandrakeForum]