You have to install the java plugin as root. The
easiest way is to close all instances of mozilla. Open
a terminal and logon as root, type "mozilla" (without
quotes) to open mozilla in the root account. Go to the
sun website and follow instructions to install the
plugin. It will work after install now.

--- jasl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I downloaded Mandrake 8.0 and it is wonderful. It
> look like you had a
> very hard work since beta 2 (last I downloaded). It
> is incredible. Nice
> instalation. Nice configuration tools. I haven't
> found any segfault yet.
> However I have a little problem: mozilla puglins
> instalation. I go to
> java.sun.com and it say... I need the jre plugins...
> download it. Ok...
> perfect. I download the 15MB (as root) It say plugin
> succesfuly
> installed. I restart mozilla... go to
> java.sun.com.... it ask me to
> install the plugin!!!
> Another question: Are there any translated version
> of mozilla... is
> going to be a spanish version?
>
> I also have another little problem with sound. I
> have a sb live! I hear
> nothing in rear speakers (in xmms) . I have tried
> with the opensound
> drivers, the alsa drivers (it is curious... after
> instalation you have
> oss, but hardrake put alsa). Why is the sound at
> mute by default after
> the use of hardrake?
>
> Thanks for your work.    JASL:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
SI Reasoning
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
gnupg/pgp key id 035213BC