It seems something changed b/w 7.2 and 8.0.. perhaps the 2.4 kernel is being
used in the install process.

Anyway, what I've noticed so far.

During a graphical install with no working mouse I get to the question about
"Do you have any SCSI Interfaces?"

There's no way to get focus on "OK" for this question.

Initally I can tab and select "No" but I cannot get focus on "OK" ever.

I can get focus and interact with the questions prior to this.

>From that point on things don't work.

I've noticed b/w 7.2 and 8.0 XFree /tmp/Xconf gets PS/2 in 7.2 and
"Microsoft" in 8.0

Is /tmp/Xconf derived from a process of autodetection or does it give the
user an opportunity to change mice later via the graphical installer? ie. is
it hardcoded to Microsoft mice now whereas in 7.2 it was PS/2?

Obviously because I get stuck so early in the graphical installer I'm not
going to be able to set anything to do with the mouse.

Any floppy images that work with PS/2 autodetection?

Hope this is clear.