Hello,
tried to install mdk8 this afternoon, results:
- install freezed when I tried to look at hardware info at eth install
  (autodetect on, eth card detected --> RTL-8029)
  no mouse no keyboard, even sysreq magic was dead
  I pushed reset button, update installation, and didn't have guts to look at the
hardware info
- install freezed when started to initiate X configuration
  reset again (no mouse/kbd/dead again)
  repeated install procedures until X, and freezed AGAIN
  reset again, I took the CD out
  boot to installed system, but couldn't login,
  guess what ?? /etc/pam.d/passwd is corrupted as binary file,
  /bin/login corrupted also,
  so I reinstall those files with rpm from CDROM
  so I can login...
  then I ran drakexconf, freeze again, no mouse no keybd sysreq dead
  reset
  then I ran Xconfigurator, it called drakexconf too, dead again
  reset
  ran XFree86 -configure, goes perfecto...

my video card is S3 Trio 3D/2x

--
Mohammad DAMT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> http://www.mdamt.net
"nyai dasime ngeglundung, glundang glundung, nyemplung ke kali ciliwung", Nyai Dasime