Roberto Rosselli Del Turco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi all,

[...]

> - fonts: thanks to some tips I found on MUO, I adjusted fonts in KDE but
> still have weird fonts in Netscape and elsewhere, in particular a really
> ugly helvetica font: how can I tell netscape not to use that font? I
> understand it's a problem related to Type1 rendering, will there be an
> update to the relevant packages?

Upgrade your mozilla-fonts packages to 3mdk or add line
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/mozilla-fonts:unscaled,
in section catalogue of the file /etc/X11/fs/config
and restart your font server .
Start netscape , go to Edition -> preferences and choose helvetica(mozilla) as fixed
font .

[...]

> - gdm: I can't have gdm as the login manager, I created a "desktop" file
> containing the string "GNOME" in /etc/sysconfig, like I did under LM
> 7.2, but nothing happens: am I doing something stupid or what?

reproductible :( . Investigatin'...

> - exiting from GNOME, on the other hand, after I click on the panel
> button (or choose the menu item) I always have to wait about 10-15
> seconds before the session is closed: why?!? Didn't have to wait that
> long under LM 7.2.

I logged out very fast here

[...]