Daouda LO wrote:

> Upgrade your mozilla-fonts packages to 3mdk or add line

My package version is mozilla-fonts-20000310-6mdk, latest cooker file is
mozilla-fonts-20000310-7mdk, should I upgrade to that one?

> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/mozilla-fonts:unscaled,
> in section catalogue of the file /etc/X11/fs/config
> and restart your font server.
> Start netscape , go to Edition -> preferences and choose helvetica (mozilla) as fixed
> font .

I only have fixed width fonts listed there, is there another config item
to set?

> > - gdm: I can't have gdm as the login manager, I created a "desktop" file
> > containing the string "GNOME" in /etc/sysconfig, like I did under LM
> > 7.2, but nothing happens: am I doing something stupid or what?
>
> reproductible :( . Investigatin'...

In the meanwhile, I managed to have gdm inverting the order of the kdm
and gdm entries of the last if ... elif section of prefdm.

> > - exiting from GNOME, on the other hand, after I click on the panel
> > button (or choose the menu item) I always have to wait about 10-15
> > seconds before the session is closed: why?!? Didn't have to wait that
> > long under LM 7.2.
>
> I logged out very fast here

I'll ask on the sawish ml. It sure is weird, many things seem slower in
sawfish 0.38 than the previous version, I even have to wait 3-4 seconds
for the window menu to pop up ...

Or else, it could be a GNOME problem, something related to the session
management. Who knows :(

Thanks for the tips, anyway.

Ciao

--
Roberto Rosselli Del Turco      e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dipartimento di Scienze                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Hige sceal the heardra,     heorte the cenre,
  mod sceal the mare,       the ure maegen litlath.  (Maldon 312-3)