Do you have both WinME and Linux on the same (first) disk? I have Windows
on the first, Linux on the second and never had any problem - I've
reinstalled Windows umpteens of time and used WindowsUpdate and nothing
evil ever happened.

But the second disk has only extended partition and Windows fdisk freezes
at start :-)

On 9 May 2001, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:

> Whew -- That's two reassuring votes that maybe it is something about
> my machine and not endemic to Windows Update.
>
> The other variables are that I run a Dell, which has a custom feature
> where it snapshots the Registry (and maybe more); it also has a
> "suspend mode" switch in the shutdown menu (why, I don't know)

Are you kidding?
-andrej